Estonian University of Life Sciences
Institute of Technology, Chair of Energy Application Engineering
Fr.R.Kreutzwaldi 56, Tartu 51014, ESTONIA
- – Ph.D. studies in Engineering Sciences at Institute of technology, Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tartu (11. 2020-….)
- BS-MS dual degree studies at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali, India (08.2013 – 05.2018)
Present fields of research
- Study the interactions of glass/sand/lignin nanocomposites with toxic metallic ions and their removal/extraction mechanisms.
- Exploring the Electrochemical/Bioelectrochemical remediation mechanisms for heavy metals.
- Integrating the BESs with Magnetic glass nanocomposites for remediation of heavy metals along with organic matter degradation and energy production.
- 2020-2024 “Study of metallic pollutants extraction and organics degradation in contaminated water using sand and glass based nanocomposites”, PhD student research project
- 2020-2021 “Recyclable nanocomposites for water remediation and heavy metal ion extraction from polluted water”, Performer (P200030TIBT)
Honors and awards
- 2013, Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Scholarship, IISER Mohali, India (2013-2018)
1. Publication in the group:
2. Former publication
- «Bioanode-assisted removal of Hg2+ at the cathode of microbial fuel cells» R. Kumar, Sukrampa, A.S. Patil, J. of Hazard. Tox. And Radioact. Waste (EEMB Lab) 24, 04020034 (2020) [REF]
- Book chapter: Chap. 3 (pp. 49-71 ) “Removal of heavy metals using bioelectrochemical systems. In Integrated Microbial Fuel Cells for Wastewater Treatment” Sukrampal, R. Kumar, S.A. Patil, in “Integrated Microbial Fuel Cells for Wastewater Treatment”, Eds. Butterworth-Heinemann: Chap. 3, pp. 49-71 (2020) [REF]